Spring is in the air in Squamish. Who doesn’t love the longer days and the milder weather? In Squamish, the sky is the limit when it comes to Spring outdoor activities. You can ski in the morning, SUP during the mild afternoon, and even take a hike or bike ride in the evening. The longer days are perfect for a multi-sport day as the daylight increases. Here is our Insider’s Guide to Spring in Squamish. With these fun activities, you can embrace the mild weather, sparkling sunlight, and regional adventures.
Squamish Springtime Activities
Check out the following activities. Many are all day functions, but some you can combine for multiple daylong activities.
- Zipline Tours
- ATV Tours
- 4×4 Off Road Buggys
- Outdoor Yoga
- Mountain Biking
- Rocking Climbing
- Scenic Squamish Flights
- Via Ferrata
- Fly Fishing
- Gondola Ride
- SUP on the Howe Sound
Spring is Patio Season in Squamish
One thing that the locals always look forward to in Squamish is patio season. Throughout Squamish are numerous establishments that have truly lovely patios where you can soak up the sunshine, grab a bite to eat, sip a refreshment, and catch up on local gossip with friends.
When hitting the Squamish patios, remember these three things:
1. Bundle Up: Squamish weather is fickle. It might be an outstanding afternoon but as soon as the sun starts to set there is a chill in the air.
2. Arrive before sunset to enjoy Happy Hour at many establishments. It’s a great way to save a bit of money and still have an outstanding patio experience.
3. Squamish patios are the perfect way to end a fun-filled Squamish day. You can relax, eat, and sip a beverage while you appreciate everything that the magical region has to offer.
Squamish’s Best Patios
There are several places that feature nice patios:
Match Eatery – From their patio, you can watch rock climbers on the Chief.
Pepes Chophouse – A patio with a garden view and a few Mexican inspired Margaritas are a wonderful way to end the day.
Howe Sound Brewpub – Enjoy one of their locally brewed craft beers while you lounge on the patio and soak up the views.
Watershed Grill – Riverside dining with great service and yummy food. You might even catch sight of an eagle or some other local wildlife.
Norman Rudy’s – With views for days , enjoy great service and drink specials on their sunny patio.
Northyards Cider – When the sun is shining the big garage doors are open at Northyards Cider, making their
How to Fit The Most in a Spring Day
The sun has just peaked across the horizon and its time to throw off the covers to get the day started. Rising early means you will have lots of daylight to enjoy everything that Squamish has to offer.
We recommend picking three to four of the following activities to mix and match for the best Squamish Adventure multi-sport day.
Best Morning Squamish Things to Do:
- Coffee and a healthy breakfast at Zephyr’s Cafe
- Fly-Fishing – The fish are hungriest in the AM
- SUP on the Howe Sound
- Hiking – check out our guide to the best trails here –
- Spring Ski in Whistler
- Check out the new gear at Valhalla Pure to suit your adventure.
Best Mid Day:
- Exploring the Local Favourite places for shopping downtown Squamish
- ATV Tours – In the beautiful upper Callaghan Valley.
- Rock climbing – check out our guide to the best rock climbing routes
- Sunset Flight over the scenic Squamish Valley
- Head up the Sea to Sky Gondola for a Howe Sound beer with your Howe Sound sunset
- Dining at Match Eatery – while watching the sun set on the massive Chief
If you manage to fit in more than 4 we want to hear from you!
Squamish is brimming with adventures. It is going to take innumerable days to enjoy everything that the region has to offer. Now that spring has officially arrived, its time to get out and start having fun!
Feel free to contact us for more information or to book any of the adventures mentioned above.