Spring time in Squamish is an especially awesome season due to the multi-sport and activities available to help get you and your family outdoors and shedding the winter blues. We created this guide of what you need to know, so that everybody can make the most out of spring in Squamish. Enjoy!
Spring in Squamish is the Best Season for Multi Sport & Activities
Squamish is surrounded by mountain playgrounds that allow for some epic multi-sport days in the spring. Even with our light snow year, Whistler Blackcomb has some of the best skiing in North America. Enjoy skiing in the morning, SUP in the afternoon and mountain biking in the evening. There are endless combinations of awesome multi-sports days.
Our Inside Tips for an Epic Multi-sport Squamish day:
1) Wake up early to your favourite song & shake off the morning dreariness with a coffee
2) Stay fueled for your Squamish adventure by visiting one of our many Local Faourite Restuarants
3) Pick a max of three or 4 sports. Check out our spring activities here for inspiration
4) Reward yourself with a well deserved dinner and drinks out on the town
5) If you want to extend your playing time, invest in a headlamp from Valhalla Pure and try night time mountain biking. Check out our article on Why night riding makes you a better person!
Example Itineraries for Multi-sport Squamish days:
1) Skateboard, mountain bike and frisbee golf at the Executive Inn & Suites
2) Skiing Whistler, mountain bike behind Quest University, SUP on the Mamquam river
3) For the Families: swim at Brennan Park, session the the downtown bike skills park, hit the mini putt and visit the Railway Museum
Spring in Squamish is the Season for Uncrowded Patios with a View
The stunning views that surround Squamish are best accompanied by a refreshing drink and soaking up the sunshine on one of the many patios in town. Each offers its own perspective. Be sure to test them all out this spring and summer to find your own Local Favourite!
Our Inside Tips for an Epic Squamish Patio Session:
1) Dress warm for pre-season private patio sessions
2) Arrive well before sunset to take advantage of Happy Hour
3) Play before you patio; rewarding yourself after a fun day outside makes your drinks taste better. It’s proven.
Examples of Local Favourite Squamish patios:
Match Eatery – watch rock climbers work their way up the Chief
Pepe & Gringos – Mexican-inspired margaritas
Howe Sound Brewpub – locally brewed seasonal beer with a view
Fergies Cafe – Delicious food open air and picnic style!
Spring in Squamish is the Best Time for a Fresh Start on Your Health & Wellness Goals
Squamish is an outdoor playground for kids of all ages. Spring is the perfect season to kick start your health and wellness goals by connecting to nature and fueling the endorphins. Hiking and biking are just two of the many fun spring activities that will get back in shape and enjoying the outdoors. Treat yourself to a check up at one of the many talented Healthcare Practitioners who will help you with achieving your goals and feeling great!
Inside tips for Health & Wellness:
1) Find activities that you enjoy doing, so working out becomes fun!
2) Consistency & commitment is key
3) Try acupuncture to help you achieve your goals
Best places to fuel your Health & Wellness
For those who live here or are coming to visit, the magic of our community lies in the connection to our stunning nature. When spring hits and the sun starts to shine in Squamish, we advise spending the days fueling your heart and soul by soaking up the crisp fresh air and warm sunshine.