32 Reasons to Visit Squamish – #32 on the New York Times List
With a reputation for adventure, our seaside mountain town has recently made the New York Times list of the top 52 places to visit in 2015. Squamish ranked #32 so we created this list of 32 reasons to visit #Squamish in 2015 (and beyond!)
Play – 12 Ways to Play in Squamish
- Mountain Bike – With over 200 km of single track trail riding, Squamish is the mecca of mountain biking.
- Kiteboarding – The world famous Spit has been drawing kiteboarders and windsurfers to Squamish for decades.
- Rock Climbing – With over 3500 routes and boulder problems in the Sea to Sky, rock climbing attracts climbers from all over the world.
- Dirt Biking – Cat Lake and Quest University trails offer single track trail riding, while seemingly endless logging roads are a blast for exploring.
- Gondola – The recently opened Sea to Sky Gondola is a must-do activity when visiting Squamish. Enjoy panorama views, delicious food and a breathtaking walk along the suspension bridge.
- Snowmobiling – Squamish is the gateway to epic snowmobiling in the Sea to Sky region. The terrain from Brohm Ridge to the Ice Caps is all accessible from Squamish.
- Snowshoe – Red Heather, Callaghan and the top of the Gondola are all great areas for snowshoeing in the high alpine.
- Backcountry Skiing – Elfin Lakes is a great place for a backcountry skiing weekend getaway. Bonus: the trail head accessible only 15 minutes from town.
- Bald Eagles – Home of a large concentration of wintering bald eagles, these amazing birds can be viewed from many areas in town. The eagle viewing river float is by far the best angle to observe the Squamish bald eagles
- Horseback Riding – With the closest Western-style horseback riding located in beautiful upper Squamish Valley, this is a day tour you won’t want to miss.
- Golf Courses – Squamish is home to two golf courses and a mini putt course, offering stunning views and fun for the whole family.
- Lakes & Swimming – On the hot summer days, the many lakes and rivers surrounding our mountain town offer a refreshing place to take a dip, while enjoying the scenic views.
Eat – 4 Hidden Gems
- Zephyr Cafe – Serving locally sourced, fresh raw food with the towns best coffee, Zephyr cafe is an attraction of its own. This local gem is also a hot spot to meet fellow adventurers getting fueled for the outdoors.
- Fergies Cafe – Open year round, Fergies is known for serving delicious food in a stunning location just outside of Brackendale towards Paradise and Squamish Valleys. Watch bald eagles soar overhead as you sip fresh coffee
- Pepes & Gringos – Celebrating 10 years of serving Squamish with the best service, best steak and best butter chicken, Pepes is a must stop on your next visit.
For a complete guide to all the Local Favourtie Restaurants click here….
Dance & Be Merry – 4 Places to Dance the Night Away
- The Howe Sound Inn & Brewpub – Home to the best beer in the Sea to Sky, the brewpub also has live music on the weekends.
- Cliffside Pub – Tucked away in Valley Cliff, this recently renovated family friendly pub offers traditional pub fare to go along with the most sophisticated beer taps in Squamish.
for more places to dine, dance and be merry in Squamish BC click here…..
Endless Events – 4 events not to miss
- Logger sports – This classic Squamish event is the largest logger sports show in North America, celebrating our logging history with fun shows for the whole family.
- Squamish Live – Over 35,000 people came to watch Eminem, Bruno Mars and Arctic Fire last year. EPIC.
- Squamish Wind Festival – Welcome to Squamish Wind, Western Canada’s wind and water sports festival. This three-day event melds recreation with arts and entertainment under the backdrop of the Stawamus Chief.
- Test of Metal – Canada’s’ most famous XC bike race with over 67 km of gruelling trails!
For the most current Squamish Events click here….
Relax – 3 way to rest & relax
- Squamish Integrated Health – Home to the largest group of health care practitioners under one roof. Contact them today for a relaxing Shiatsu massage.
- Concrete Blonde – Treat you and your girlfriends to a day at the spa, for the ultimate experience in relaxation.
- Reach Physio – Reach Physio is where the athletes go to be treated. After a big day hiking, be sure to book a deep tissue massage.
- Executive Suites – Making memories in the mountains is what will happen when you stay at the Executive Suites while visiting Squamish.
- Sunwolf – The renovated cozy cabins located riverside will make you feel a world away from reality.
For more accommodation options click here….
Live – 3 Reasons to Stay A While
- Active Community – Squamish is a town made up of youthful people drawn here for the outdoor lifestyle and stunning nature.
- Affordable Housing – Relative to the Vancouver and Whistler housing markets, Squamish is still an affordable place to buy a home. And you will fall in love with the lifestyle.
- Family – With one of the the youngest populations in British Columbia, many active couples have chosen Squamish as the best place to start a family.
If you love the lifestyle, find all the people you need to know to make the move here…
These are only 32 reason of many to come visit Squamish this year. Trust us, this town is awesome.