Vancouver to Squamish – A Guide to Getting Here
It is often said that the journey to the destination is half the fun. This is definitely the case when traveling from Vancouver to Squamish. Not only is the trip beautiful, but there are ample transportation options available to get there. Here are a few of those transportation options:
Located along Highway 99, the drive from Vancouver to Squamish takes roughly an hour to get here, depending on traffic and speed. Known as the ‘Sky Highway,’ the road curves along the seaside. It also affords breathtaking views of the ocean and mountains. This is one of the most scenic drives in Canada, so take your time and enjoy the views.
- Squamish Connector — If you’re looking for a non-stop transit service then use Squamish Connector. Frequent commuter between Vancouver and Squamish can purchase an affordable pass. Bikes and small pets are allowed on board.
- Sea to Sky Air-– Sea to Sky Air affords you the luxury of reaching your destination quickly. As a bonus you can also enjoying the breathtaking mountain views from the sky.
- Salt Spring Air — Salt Spring Air also offers charter flights from Vancouver to Squamish. Reservations are required.
- Hitch Planet — If you don’t mind sharing the ride and trip expenses, it is Hitch Plant is an option for you. People want to offer a ride to Squamish advertise on the website. It’s also a great way to meet new friends.
Once you reach Squamish, you might want to utilize the Squamish Transit to get around. Running seven days a week, these buses are accessible to wheelchairs, bikes, and strollers. Small pets are also allowed on board. Here are the pickup locations for the Squamish Transit:
- Municipal Hall at 37955-2nd Avenue
- Quest University Canada Book Store at 3200 University Boulevard l
- Brennan Park Recreation Centre at 1009 Centennial Way
- Walmart (passes only) located at 39210 Discovery Way
Being this easy and somewhat affordable, traveling to Squamish from Vancouver is worthwhile. Whether you’re going for a weekend away or just a day trip, you’re in for a picturesque treat. With a bit of pre-planning, you can soon be on your way to enjoying the getaway of a lifetime.