The Insiders Guide to Spring in Squamish
Spring is a refreshing time of year in Squamish when the winter doldrums are lifted and you can finally get outdoors to enjoy the sunshine. The days are longer and the weather is still cool enough that you can enjoy powder in the morning, SUP in the afternoon, and then go for a mountain bike ride in the evening. It’s the perfect time of year to get out and truly enjoy your favourite activities to create a multi-sport day. The daylight gets increasingly longer as we head into summer, which may leave you wondering how to make the most out of the extended hours. We created this Insiders Guide to Spring in Squamish to help you say farewell to winter and make the most of the long sunshiny days in Squamish.
Squamish Springtime Activities
Here are just a few spring sports activities that you can embark on to create an adventure filled day:
- Zipline Tours
- ATV Tours
- 4×4 Off Road Buggys
- Outdoor Yoga
- Mountain Biking
- Rocking Climbing
- Scenic Squamish Flights
- Via Ferrata
- Cave Tours
- Fly Fishing
- Gondola Ride
- SUP on the Howe Sound
Spring is Patio Season in Squamish
Spring is the perfect time to enjoy one of Squamish’s many patios. Enjoy the stunning outdoor views, soak up some much-needed rays after the long months of winter, and partake of a refreshing beverage.
When hitting the Squamish patios, remember these three things:
- Always dress warmly. Even though it is initially sunny and warm, the weather can change.
- Arrive before sunset to enjoy Happy Hour.
- Spend the day enjoying everything Squamish has to offer and then your beverage will taste even more delicious as you relax and reflect on the day’s adventures.
Where to Enjoy a Patio in Squamish
There are several places that feature nice patios:
Match Eatery – From their patio, you can watch rock climbers on the Chief.
Pepes Chophouse – A patio with a garden view and a few Mexican inspired Margaritas are a wonderful way to end the day.
Howe Sound Brewpub – Enjoy one of their locally brewed craft beers while you lounge on the patio.
Watershed Grill – Riverside dining with great service and yummy food.
How to Fit The Most in a Spring Day
Early mornings are so much easier with the sun shining into your windows on a day off! Set the alarm early and rise & shine. Trust us, you will want to start early to get in the most adventure in a day. We recommend picking three to four of the following activities to mix and match for the best Squamish Adventure multi-sport day.
Best Morning Squamish Things to Do:
- Coffee and a healthy breakfast at Zephyr’s Cafe
- Fly-Fishing – The fish are hungriest in the AM
- SUP on the Howe Sound
- Hiking– check out our guide to the best trails here –
- Spring Ski in Whistler
- Check out the new gear at Valhalla Pure to suit your adventure.
Best Mid Day :
- Exploring the Local Favourite places for shopping downtown Squamish
- ATV Tours – In the beautiful upper Callaghan Valley.
- Rock climbing – check out our guide to the best rock climbing routes
- Sunset Flight over the scenic Squamish Valley
- Head up the Sea to Sky Gondola for a Howe Sound beer with your Howe Sound sunset
- Dining at Match Eatery – while watching the sun set on the massive Chief
If you manage to fit in more than 4 we want to hear from you!
No matter the day, there is always time to fit a bit more Squamish Adventure in your life! Feel free to contact us for more information or to book any of the adventures mentioned above.
Latest posts by Paula de Jong (see all)
- Events Not to Miss this October - October 8, 2018
- Insider’s Guide to Fall In Squamish - October 8, 2018
- 3 things you didn’t know about getting a mortgage in BC - October 8, 2018