Are you contemplating making the move to Squamish? Maybe 2018 is the time to make your move from the big city to a thriving, energetic mountain town community. This article is originally from our friends: Move to Squamish
Why Move to Squamish?
Squamish is the place to be for outdoor recreation. In the summertime, you can enjoy mountain biking, fishing, boating, and hiking. When winter arrives, it’s time to hit the slopes, cross-country ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and view eagles. It doesn’t get any better than that if you love seasonal adventures. However, Squamish is also just a nice place to live. It has a small town feel, pristine views, and friendly residents.
Here are just a few reasons that 2018 is the time to make your move to Squamish.
- Opportunities: A decade ago Squamish was a simple logging town but, in recent years, it has morphed into a thriving and vibrant community. Now there are numerous restaurants, boutiques, breweries, fitness studios, retailers, coffee shops, and even yoga studios. Businesses are flourishing and expected to continue to do well. Now is the perfect time to get in on the ground floor of a business opportunity in one of the hottest and fastest growing communities in Canada.
- Property Investments: Property values are increasing at a significant rate in Squamish. You might be hesitant to buy because it is a seller’s market. However, currently, there doesn’t appear to be an end in sight so buying now is a good investment.
- Interest Rates: If you are considering buying a home then you have probably heard that interest rates are on their way back up. Well, that is true but even with the slight increases the rate remains very low so it is important to buy now to lock in an affordable rate. If you are serious about buying a home in Squamish then you should seek out professional mortgage advice so you can secure a low rate for the duration of your mortgage.
- First Time Home Buyer Help: Currently, there are programs available that help first time home buyers in the Squamish area. The BC Home Partnership Program, First-time Home Buyers Program, First-time Home Buyers Tax Credit, and the GST Rebate on New Homes are all options available to first time home buyers.
- Soak up the Energy and Excitement: Being a part of a thriving community is exciting and energetic. Why are you putting off the big move? If you are worried about leaving the big city life behind, remember that Vancouver is only an hour away. According to Move to Squamish, the average age of the town’s resident population is 38. It is a place where young people with families come to build a life and memories together. However, there are people of every age moving to the area which makes it not only dynamic but also diverse. Quite frankly, there is something for every age group in the town.
If you are serious about making Squamish your home then there is no better time to make the move then 2018. To take a tour of Squamish or learn more about the area, please contact a Move to Squamish team member. They will be happy to advise you on the community and buying a home in the area.