A Recipe for the Perfect Adventure Snacks
Next time you are riding, back country skiing or hiking the Smoke Bluffs make sure you pack some tasty snacks to keep you energy levels high so you get the most out of your day. Here’s a super easy no-bake granola bar snack that you can mix together in under 10 minutes but will keep you going for hours of adventure time.
• 1+3/4 cup of oats (I used quick oats)
• 1+ 1/2 cup brown rice puffed cereal
• 1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla-NZ Whey)
• 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
• 4 tbsp hemp seeds
• 1/4 cup mixed raisins and cranberries
• 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
• 1/4 cup mini choc-chips
(optional….not really, use them they’re great!)
• 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Heat honey, peanut butter and coconut oil for 1-2 minutes until very smooth, melted and well combined.
3. Pour over dry mix, add vanilla essence, mix well.
4. Pour into a cake tin, lined with cling wrap, press mixture down firmly (I find rolling a glass over the mixture is the easiest).
5. Place in the fridge and to ‘set’ for at least 30 minutes.
6. Cut into 18 pieces and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks…they won’t last that long though