Immune Boosting Tea
This time of year can be a bit of a bummer, there are still a few weeks before the mountain opens, trails are pretty boggy and you find yourself indoors a lot more than usual. To make matters worst, you may be indoors with people who are coughing and sneezing with their first bout from the cold and flu season. Reduce your risk of catching a cold (or reduce your symptoms if you already have one) by boosting your immune system with a delicious immune-boosting tea.
- Add the juice of 1/4 – 1/2 lemon to a large mug
- add some fresh grated ginger (1/4 tsp or more)
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric and 1 tsp honey
- Pour in hot water and stir.
- Don’t use boiling water as you will destroy some of the vitamin C found in the lemon juice. To super charge this tea, add the same ingredients to a mug of steeped green tea from extra antioxidants