Website BC SPCA
BC SPCA speaking for animals
The BC SPCA Humane Education Department is seeking a professional, highly organized person to join their team as Humane Educator. This position is based out of Squamish and will promote humane education, engage youth in SPCA education programs, distribute humane education messaging and supervise youth camp staff in that region. This position averages 14 hours per week from September to May and then full-time hours from June to August for summer camp as well as one week full-time hours for spring break camp.
The programming will predominately be directed to youth but may include general humane education. You will be required to implement programming set by the Society through the BC SPCA Education Department and work collaboratively on a comprehensive approach and plan for the dissemination of programming in the region.
You are a creative thinker who is passionate about improving the lives of animals and enjoys teaching children of all ages. You are a self-starter, able to initiate and complete tasks, and to work both independently and as a member of the team.
What you bring?
• A post-secondary degree in education, animal sciences, biology, social work or related discipline an asset
• Experience working with children in a group setting
• Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of animals an asset
• Exemplary organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Demonstrated customer-service skills
• Work in a positive and professional manner
• Strong oral and written communication skills; able to speak confidently in public
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Good conceptualization and problem-solving skills
• Competent computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Desktop publishing skills and web design an asset
• Criminal Record with vulnerable Sector Check is required
• Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
How to apply:
If you are up for the challenge, are looking for an opportunity to be involved in a great cause, we would like to hear from you. As a condition of employment the successful candidate will be required to provide a current criminal record with vulnerable sector check and current Driver’s Abstract. Help us make a difference. Click on the link by December 17, 2019 to apply: https://spca.bc.ca/about-us/careers/
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and guiding principles.
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit spca.bc.ca.