Squamish is an outdoor lover’s paradise. Most people want to spend more than a single day enjoying the region’s pristine beauty and taking advantage of the many things to do in the area. Sometimes camping is the ideal way to soak up the regional activities. Camping in Squamish puts you in the heart of everything the corridor… Read More»
Squamish Camping Guide
Squamish is home to many amazing places for camping and enjoying the outdoors. With seemingly endless year round activities, you will need more than one day to discover Squamish. Camping in and around Squamish can be done year round, as long as the weather remains dry. Squamish is home to a variety of designated camping areas that are suited for adventurers of all types who are looking to getaway and connect with nature.
MTN Fun Basecamp
MTN Fun Basecamp is located trailside, on the north end of Squamish bordering Alice Lake provincial park and the nearby eagle watching hub of Brackendale. Surrounded by towering pines, mountain views and a stunning creek running through the property you will feel immersed in nature. We are only minutes away from shops and restaurants. Choose from our comfortable kitchenette equipped hotel rooms, or rv/tent sites for your Sea to Sky adventures or just a relaxing getaway.
- Surrounded by mountains, rivers, mountain bike trails, , rock-climbing and much more
- Website: www.mtnfunbasecamp.com
- Phone: (604) 390-4200
- Surrounded by mountains, rivers, trails, golf-courses, rock-climbing and much more
- Fully serviced sites from $42.00
- Famliy Sized Yurts Available
- Website: www.eaglevistarv.com
- Phone: 1-877-898-3343
WhistlePunk Hollow Adventure RV Park ( Formerly Eagle Vista RV Resort & Campground )
Whistlepunk Hollow Adventure RV Park offers large full serviced RV sites ideally located close to the amenities of Squamish and Brennan park. Rent one of their comfortable Yurts for a unique experience that is fun for the whole family. Whistlepunk Hollow is a family run RV campground, with the newest mini golf course in the Sea to Sky. The ice cream shop is also a bonus for the hot Squamish summer days.
One of the most popular camping spots in the Lower Mainland is located just 12km north of Squamish bc. A popular family camping spot year round due to its location to great hiking and mountain biking trails. Alice lake is surrounded by west coast forest and mountains. The fresh water lakes lakes offer great fishing and swimming in the summer.
- Park Size: 396 Hectors
- Reserve well in advance for summer months
- Parking can be restricted on summer weekends
- Dogs must be on leash at all times – not allowed on Alice lake trail, beach or picnic area.
- Please click here to visit the Alice lake website for more information and to reserve online
Porteau cove offers waterfront camp sites on the southern most fjord in North America. Porteau cove campground is located 20 minutes south of Squamish On the Howesound Howe Sound offers stunning views of where the mountains rise sharply from the ocean. This location attracts scuba divers exploring an old sunken ship, which was sunk to attract marine life and recreational divers. This is also a popular launching point for recreational boats in the Sea to Sky. The camp ground is open year round, with limited services in the off season. Reservations are recommended as this popular spot fills up fast on sunny days.
- Ocean front campsites with stunning sunsets
- popular area for Kayaking, Canoeing, cycling, fishing and Hiking
- Pets allowed on leash
- For more information on Porteau Cove Provincial Park Click Here
Offering stunning views of Shannon falls and the Howe Sound. Kalahine Camp Ground in Squamish has been open for over 30 years. The location halfway between Whistler and Vancouver provides out door adventurers an ideal access point for all the recreation opportunities in the Sea to Sky region. Kalahani is located 5 minutes south of Squamish, within walking distance of Shannon falls. On year round for Camping in Squamish, reservations are recommended During summer months. There are resident bunnies that roam the grounds, please enjoy from a distance and remember that they are wild and do not make ideal pets.
- Large spacious campgrounds, some with waterfall views
- Close to many great hiking and climbing trails
- Wifi available
- For more information on Klahanie camping Click Here
Be sure to check out our Local Favourite Businesses for all your camping supplies and more!