It started with a dream. One artist’s hope to gather a group of talented professional artists under one roof where they could create, connect, instruct and make the arts known in Squamish, a remarkable mountain town situated on the breathtaking west coast of British Columbia, Canada. Me and You Arts, isn’t just about art – it’s about building a supportive community of people that value artistic learning.
Are you looking to tap into your creative side? Check out the art academy offered at Me and You Arts, they have a variety of scheduled classes, drop-in sessions and events. Read more below in this spotlight on Me and You Arts.
Experienced Artists are Welcome
Seasoned artists will enjoy the free open create time that takes place every Sunday from 3 pm to 5 pm. Drop into the bright and relaxing atmosphere of the studio and let your imagination flow. You can bring in a piece of your artwork and receive an honest critique while having an opportunity to show off your abilities. If you feel comfortable in your artistic talents then you might want to be a guest artist and do a live art demonstration.
Live Art Demonstrations And Private Classes
At Me and You Arts, you can watch live demonstrations and get an idea of what type of art you are interested in. There are no-stress painting nights also available. If you have three or more friends who want to join you in an art class then a custom class can be created to meet your needs.
Art Class Choices
At Me and You Arts, there are numerous art class opportunities. Each class boasts no more than six people so you will be able to learn and create in an intimate setting.
- Stained Glass: Cut and design your own eye-catching piece under the tutelage of Sarah Saunders. You will learn how to connect glass using fusing, lead, and foil.
- Sculpting: Learn the techniques needed to create a 3D sculpture.
- Acrylic Painting: Discover the joys of hand mixing to create on canvas. You will also learn different glazing and tools.
- Sko-Mish Native Art Carving: Experience the ancient art of woodcarving.
- Photography: If you and a couple of your friends will be visiting the area and want to learn the art of capturing the local landscape in photos then you can set up a photography class to explore the region.
- Stop Motion Animation: Discover the ends and outs of Stop Motion Animation. Create a character and storyboard with sfx.
- Watercolor Painting: If you love to paint then you will love watercolors. If you and two of your friends want to take an in-depth watercolor class then give Me and You Arts a call.
- Hand Lettering: The art of writing stunning letters is ancient. You will have the opportunity to learn about tools, nibs, and pens. Classes range from beginner to advanced.
- Drawing: Create your own drawing class with two of your friends.
Winter in Squamish is one of the best times to explore your artistic side. When the weather turns cold and rainy, you can retreat to the warm and cozy studio at Me and You Arts to lose yourself in the world and wonder of art.
Contact Me and You Arts to learn more about their many local Squamish art classes.