Here are the Local Favourite food & dining, music & nightlife, health & wellness & of course recreational Squamish Events. Enjoy!
Squamish Wind Festival
July 27-30, 2017 | Downtown Squamish, BC
Join Squamish in celebrating the 4th Annual Squamish Wind Festival, a community open house showcasing art & music, wind & water sport demos. It will blow you away!
Welcome to Squamish Wind Festival 2017. This event pulls together the growing world of water sports and Squamish’s performing and visual arts community. Its goal is to introduce people to both activities.
In celebration of 35th Squamish Open Annual Regatta, the Squamish Arts Council has partnered with the Squamish Yacht Club to kick-start the wind festival. The event would run in tandem with the regatta’s sailing races, while boosting the arts profile in Squamish and supporting a healthy lifestyle.
The free weekend event includes, music, entertainment, paddleboard races and children’s activities focused on wind and water.
· Kick off the festival spirit at the Squamish Wind Festival main stage with an up and coming band from Vancouver called MARK & BOBBY and their interpretations of popular contemporary beats;
· Check out the festival headliner featuring Vancouver’s high energy groove music by THE BOOM BOOMs and songs from their new album Hot Rhum;
· Celebrating Squamish’s 2014 Centennial, come see a glimpse of the Squamish WATERFRONT & MARINA from yester year on a new WALL MURAL by local artist Chili Thom and Squamish Youth;
· Participate in a WIND & WATER TILE MOSAIC WORKSHOP with local artist Tracy Saxby in her efforts to contribute to the ongoing beautification of downtown Squamish. Mosaic panels can also be seen around the stone planters along Cleveland Avenue;
· Watch a MOBILE THEATRE performance throughout downtown of DUELLING PIRATES as they unveil their secret desire to find the hidden treasure in Howe Sound;
· Armed with lots of WIND in their lungs, look for the roaming CARNIVAL BAND as the entertain crowds around town as they drum up festival spirit – an animated mobile wind, brass and percussion band with lots of horns and percussion beats;
· Watch a Squamish Nation drumming demonstration by local Fist Nations performer Alice Guss and learn about the cultural meaning behind the name Squamish as ‘BIG WIND’;
· Visit the Arts Council gallery exhibition curated by Squamish Visuals featuring new works by local artists (inspired by WIND & WATER), plus check out an assortment of creative WIND chimes created by local artisans at the Squamish Farmers market;
· Participate in a WIND WORKSHOP learning event photography with local photographer Garry Broekling;
· Enter the festival PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST for a cash price for the top 3 entries;
· Check out the KIDS WIND-ZONE at Junction Park for unique crafts around Wind & Water themes;
· Explore the WIND MARKET at Junction Park (next to the Farmers Market) for Wind & Water sport gear and information from local clubs and organizations;
· Water or participate in the Wind Festival PADDLE BOARD RACE & charity fundraiser;
· Watch a demonstration by Squamish Nations Dragon boaters along the Blind Channel.
For more information: http://www.squamishwindfestival.com