PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILE WE DO OUR BEST TO KEEP THIS EVENT CALENDAR UP TO DATE, THINGS ARE CHANGING FAST WITH COVID – 19. PLEASE CONTACT THE EVENT ORGANIZER FOR THE MOST ACCURATE INFORMATION ON EVENT CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
- This event has passed.
Birth Journey Prenatal & Journey into Parenthood
November 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until November 26, 2020
Our Birth Journey classes will cover all the need to know topics of labour, birth, and early parenting and have you armed, leaving confident and prepared. The classes cover a wide range of topics to help you and your partner to feel confident, relaxed and excited to welcome your newest family member.
Our Birth Journey classes cover the following material:
- Body changes in late pregnancy
- Signs of labour
- When to go to the hospital/ or call Midwife for home birth
- Understanding the birth process
- Breathing, positioning and comfort measures
- Role of your support person
- Medical interventions, pain relief and procedures
Journey Into Parentood
A class to prepare parents for the first stages of parenthood, and “Bringing Baby Home” This class will cover all of the basics to have you feeling prepared, informed, and confident in your newest and most rewarding role as a parent.
Our Journey Into Parenthood classes cover the following:
- Breastfeeding, what to expect the early days, challenges, techniques, positions, milk production, & much more.(Offered by a trained Lactation Consultant)
- Car seat installation and safety (Taught by a certified car seat technician, thus will also include a car seat install and check)
- Newborn Behaviour, and how to navigate through early days and prepare for life with newborn.
- Bathing & Diapering, & Newborn care
- Baby Wearing
- Sleep, we will cover normal sleep patterns for newborns, sleep arrangements & sleep priorities for parents.
- Postpartum hormones, know what to expect, how to support partners, & and when to seek extra support and help.
- Community support, programs, & groups and the benefits of building your community.